Do you enjoy attracting wildlife to your property? Do you maintain the four elements of habitat? Your property can become a Certified Illinois Audubon Society Bird and Butterfly Sanctuary.
To help get started, request a copy of “The Journey to Restore Native Habitat.” Click here to request a copy. Please include your mailing address.
Or download a copy of The Journey to Restore Habitat right now.
How to certify your backyard or property
- Understand and maintain the four elements of habitat: FOOD, SHELTER, WATER, SPACE
- Agree to use a minimal amount of chemicals
- Help educate others on the importance of native habitat
- Send in your application form and fee; $15 for Illinois Audubon Society members, $20 for non-members
- Mail in the Bird & Butterfly Sanctuary Application form. (PDF) OR apply online using the form below.
NOTE: There is a SAVE and STORE option at the bottom of this form which allows you to save your work and return later to finish. If you choose this option, instructions on how to retrieve your form will display at the bottom of the page. When you click on SAVE & STORE, scroll down to complete the option.