Do you enjoy attracting wildlife to your property? Do you maintain the four elements of habitat? Your property can become a Certified Illinois Audubon Society Bird and Butterfly Sanctuary.
To help get started, request a copy of “The Journey to Restore Native Habitat.” Click here to request a copy. Please include your mailing address.
Or download a copy of The Journey to Restore Habitat right now.
How to certify your backyard or property
- Understand and maintain the four elements of habitat: FOOD, SHELTER, WATER, SPACE
- Agree to use a minimal amount of chemicals
- Help educate others on the importance of native habitat
- Send in your application form and fee; $15 for Illinois Audubon Society members, $20 for non-members
- Mail in the Bird & Butterfly Sanctuary Application form. (PDF) OR apply online using the form below.